Configure eduroam – Windows Vista
1. Go to Start', then Control Panel, then Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Centre
2. From the list on the left choose Manage Wireless Networks
3. Select Add
4. Select Manually create a network profile
5. In the information box
In the Network name box, type eduroam (note the lower-case 'e')
•From the drop-down lists
•from Security type choose WPA2-Enterprise (or WPA-Enterprise if your wireless card doesn't support WPA2)
•from Encryption type choose AES (or TKIP if your wireless card doesn't support AES)
•If the computer has been set up for multiple users then make sure that the additional setting - Save this network for me only - is selected.
6.Select Change connections settings then, on the Connection tab uncheck Connect to a more preferred network if available
7.Select the Security tab
•from the drop-down list for Choose a network authentication method choose Protected EAP (PEAP)
• Select Settings...
8. Complete the settings in this dialogue box as shown:
ensure the Validate server certificate box is unchecked.
9.The drop-down list under Select Authentication Method should already have Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) selected - select the Configure... button next to it to open the EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties dialogue box:
10. Untick the box next to Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) then select OK
11. Select OK to close all the different dialogue boxes
12. Select Close to close the "Manually connect to a wireless network" box
13. After a short period of time, your computer should detect the eduroam wireless network and display a balloon, asking if you want to enter your details to connect to it:
14. Click in the balloon and a dialogue box will appear, prompting you for your credentials
15. Complete the dialogue box using the Username and Password provided by the ICT Helpdesk